What procedure must I follow if I have an accident with my SANI rental vehicle?
Modified on: Wed, 28 Sep, 2022 at 11:50 AM
In the event of an accident with your rental vehicle;
- Attend to any injuries or injured persons. Request medical or emergency services where necessary.
- Do not leave the scene of the accident or admit liability.
- Where a 3rd party is involved or witnesses present, ensure that you gather all relevant details such as;
- Name and surname
- ID/Passport number
- Vehicle registration
- Driver’s licence details
- Insurance information
- Contact details
- Notify SANI Car Rental immediately.
- Report the accident to the South African Police Service and provide the Accident Report or Case Number to SANI Car Rental within 24 hours.
- Do not allow the rental vehicle to be towed away by any 3rd party towing service unless duly authorised in writing by SANI Car Rental.
- Ensure that you complete the Damage Report Form provided when returning your rental vehicle or before taking possession of a replacement vehicle.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.